Canada

allthumbs

Personally I think we ought to invade the place and take it over. Make the provinces states - well maybe not Quebec - but I guess if we didn't that would leave the maritime provinces in trouble.

I wouldn't be too quick to call Americans arrogant. When you get into discussions with Canadians about that sort of thing, they think that America is a fluke and that we manage to get along in spite of ourselves. They can be very condescending. Very irritating, too.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dru said:

Call us when you manage to elect a leader democratically or make the top 5 list of best places to live in the world wave.gifyellaf.gif

Go easy on the "democracy" angle there, Dru. Our next Prime Minister just got appointed to the job by a handful of party hacks. So for the next few months we're going to have TWO Prime Ministers: one everyone wants to vote out of office but will never get the chance to, and another no-one voted into office and won't get the chance to until he decides to let us. tongue.gif

we vote for the MPs

the MPs vote for the leader. (except they don't really - the party does - but in THEORY they do...)

if you dont like the leader - change your MP.

as I recall the Americans vote for the leader but due to the electoral college system, the one the majority votes for, often loses. I guess democracy is such a powerful weapon it can't be trusted to the masses. rolleyes.gif

on the other hand the most democratic thing both Canadians AND Americans could do is get rid of political parties entirely. all they are is machines for siphoning up money from lobby groups in return for guaranteeing a vote from their elected members in favour of the lobby group's desired outcomes.

An invasion makes sense. We'll build a huge pipeline to ship all that water down here. I'll take great personal satisfaction in becoming the first minister for Re-education to the Heenglish Language in Quebec. Drug companies will fund the anschluss with the increased margins in those prescrip drugs. Hurray for the military-industrial complex!