Stay away from the Stilly if ya fish

Scott_J

MAIN SECTIONOF STILLY AND NORTH FORK ALL HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH BREAK IN.

My wife and I put in at the Stilly off of Pioneer Road by the big concrete bridge and floated to Warm Beach Bridge near the mouth. This was our first float of this section of the river so we did not fish the big holes as thoroughly as we should have. Nevertheless we hooked into a few pinks and lost three silvers, plus a very nice king(probably went around 30 lbs)nailed one of my bunnies. Fight lasted a bit and then the dirty bugger broke off on a log. Anyway we got to the landing to pull out my cataraft and my wife's kayak & that is when we found the damage.

Stupid bastards don't even know how to break in properly. Instead of throwing a hard steel nut or spark plus against the glass they did it with a tire iron or something very similar. Bent the window frame, blew glass in so hard that it was stuck in the leather seats.

Lucky for us we never keep anything in the car that is worth stealing. Plus its a 1996 Taurus wagon...not a high priced SUV that might have expensive things in it. Another truck with a trailer also suffered loss, but that gentleman said it was not worth his time to file a report.

As far as I am concerned the entire Stilly is a car theif's heaven. Too little enforcement and too many low life ass holes.

Well, other than that the day was fun and worth while and WEDID NOT SEE MANY SNAGGERS(my wife keeps count of these guys...it pisses her off)

Sisu, its what America needs madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer. When I stopped in the ranger station at Verlot last Spring, the woman there said they had been having a lot of trouble with this kind of stuff. I guess it is really pretty hard to catch these guys - it seems to us like it happens al the time, but if Ranger Joe spends an entire shift (or two) hiding in the bushes to watch a particular put-in or trailhead and he catches nobody, he's likely to conlude he's wasting his time when he could be writing tickets for failing ot have a trail park pass or helping somebody who has had a problem with racoons raiding their campsite or something - you know, regular ranger-type stuff. That is the way it works -- stakeouts are boring and there is plenty else to do. If a state senator gets their car broken into, we may see some action....