High Winds

jordop

At last, an explanation. Still, this doesn't explain what's goin on below 11k!

From today's Globe and Mail:

Mountain climbers just can't stop passing flatulence, reports The Independent on Sunday. "It's not their fault. As they climb higher, the outside air pressure falls so there is less resistance to the release of body gasses -- and uncontrollable, pneumatic flatulence occurs. The condition is High Altitude Flatus Expulsion. According to the journal High Altitude Medicine and Biology, it kicks in above 11,000 feet." Adults can pass up to 2000 millilitres of flatulence daily.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Doug:
I've always been told that farting while on ascent up a rock face is considered to be aid climbing. Is this true? RURP, you surely must know.
confused.gif" border="0

No, it's just really dangerous. There's always the chance that the rock hippy will be sparkin' a bowl and....KABLOOOM! Death by blue flame explosion.

RURP is a funny guy, and I'd be proud to be so clever. But, I think it's time the truth is known. Within 24 hours, I'm going to "out" this Mr. RURP fellow. I'm going to give him a chance to come forward first. He says some pretty offensive (yet hilarious) things; I don't want to be associated with that kind of thing.

This is RURP. I'm not Pope. He's apparently so intimidated by the fact that some people think we are the same person because he does not like my attitude or comments. Fine. I'm not Pope. And if he thinks he knows me, and wants to "out" me, then he is a fool who does not respect privacy. I use the name RURP for the same reason other people use "avatars" on this discussion...because we value privacy and the right to choose who we let into our personal lives. Are you happy now, Pope?

RURP has spoken