Info on plaques on boulder above Source Lake?

RichardKorry

While heading back to the trail from climbing the Tooth Wed morning we stumbled upon 4 bronze memorial plaques attached to a boulder in the middle of the talus field where you leave the maintained trail to begin the traverse towards the Tooth. They just had a name and the person's birth and death date. The plaques are small, very discreet and blend in with the rock. I believe 3 of the 4 had the last name of Kiele or something close to that.

Has anyone else seen these or know anything about them? I'm just curious as to who these folks were and who put up the plaques. They are pretty unobvious and not visible from the trail above. They could have been there for many years.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the year of their death(s)? That might help. There have been fatalities on Chair Peak (the most recent was in the last two years but I think that was just one person). Since Chair Peak is right above Source Lake, the plaque could very well be for climbers that biffed on Chair. I don't think anybody's ever biffed on The Tooth...but that will probably not last much longer as more gumbies keep heading up to it.

there are several plaques around the snoqualamie pass area including those up by chair. There are two on Lundin, one on Kaleetan, and i think there's one on something across the road, up by silver peak up on Abiel or tinkham, I think. the two on Lundin are memorials, and the one on Kaleetan is some way funky one..

The Washington Alpine Club is a source of useful information for plaques and peaks in the Snoqualamie Pass region.