Beer Butt Chicken

allthumbs

Throw some of these on the bbq for some good eats!!!

The nitty gritty

You can marinate the bird with whatever you normally like on Chicken. I’ve used marinades as well as rubs (yeah, go rub your chicken). Normally I will use a little lemon juice and some Topatio sauce as the base and then just sprinkle on cumin, pepper and such as the mood dictates. Whatever turns you on.

The cooking is the secret!

I use the big Fosters Oil Cans for stability. I normal drink the Fosters and then fill the cans about 2/3 full with staple beer like Coors Light. I also slice open a Jalapeño and drop it in the can as well (again the seasonings are an individual thing ).

When you're ready to cook I place the can in the sink and then spread that birds ass and slide it down on the can. You should be able to get it down to the point where the legs just touch the grill. Go slow cause I have crushed a couple cans if I go to fast or have had a few.

You want indirect heat while cooking them. If I am doing just one or two I will only light the right side of the grill and place the birds on the left side. I turn them ¼ turn every half hour. If I am cooking more than just a couple I will place foil on the grill and turn up the edges to make a pan type set up (disposable cooking sheets work too but I have yet to try them). Then I place the birds on the foil and turn as needed, if needed.

I cook on low heat for 2 hours. Giving me time to get cooked as well.

1341beerbutts_are_good-med.jpg

P.S. I've found that if I fuck the chickens before mounting them on the cans, well... it makes them fit better ! Bwahahaha

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic