sunshine route

ivan

did this yesterday in conditions utterly unworthy of the name...solid cloud from horseshoe rock up...required copious amounts of head-scratching...the elliot icefall looked so small after hanging out on the kahiltna...the north face looks much more bare now compared to last fall...continous rockfall...all in all, not a bad way to waste a wendsday

words fail...wake at 3 a.m. , begin drinking heavily at 6 p.m, post at 10 = reduced to mental state of the average fece...time to eat pizza

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

don't have any digital pix yet, but will after the film is developed...none of the north face routes go all the way up to the top, and few have much snow on them at all...also, rocks the size of refrigators are falling down them at frighteningly frequent intervals...i'll put up a pic when i get one, until then, i'd repeat that the face looks thinner than last fall (and there are several pix on this site of the face then)

great pix....hope to do the face this fall before my life is invaded by a screaming hellion...the conditions you encountered looked just fine...at the moment there are just a few gullies w/ snow, and a lot of shitty open rock

Sabertooth said:

Do you have a pic from the North Face routes? How bare are they? I'm definately heading up there when it turns colder.

Here is a pic I took from Elk Cove about 1-1/2 to 2 weeks ago. It not the North Face but shows the Coe Icefalls and the Elliot Headwall. This gives you some idea of what things are doing up there.

Craig

224067-Coe-Glacier.jpg.e3490814ae371e931c5b74b4c619a1d9.jpg