Dynafit MLT 4 AT Boots

mdidriksen

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have these boots. For a "ski" boot they climb awesome. I would say you find them about the same as any plastic mountaineering boot. With thermoflex liners, my pair of boots weighs about 1/2 a pound less than the same size Scarpa Invernos. As for skiing, they do all right, but certainly not what you would expect from a full ski boot. So far I've skiied the ptarmigan travese, C/D on Baker and the Sitkum on Glacier Peak and they did awesome on all of those skis, which featured mostly corn snow. I would say in anything hard to ski normally, the boots would be murder to ski however. I won't be relying on them as my all season touring boot, but for trips with easy skiing and lots of walking or climbing, they'll be my choice. wave.gif

I tried on a pair at Marmot at the beginning of the ski season. I think they only had a couple in stock, and not really my size.

I already have TLT4s, and I thought the MLTs might be interesting if they were softer around the ankle (e.g. for french technique), but they weren't really, so it didn't seem worth it to pursue getting them.

Last season Pro-Ski on Aurora had a few pairs of TLT4's from one or two seasons ago that were still lying around. They sold me a pair with thermo liners that had been demo'd once or twice for wholesale (nice guys!).

I've heard that the MLT's still don't have the flex of the typical plastic mtneering boot because the lower shell is a fair amount thicker/rigid than say a Koflach or Inverno. Life-Link was having problems getting larger sizes in stock last season, hopefully thats changed this year. Also last time I checked, Life-Link doesn't sell the MLT with a thermoflex liner, they'll only sell it with their goretex-loden which sucks in my opinion.

Yeah, I took a gamble buying them w/o trying them on, and I got them a little too small. I think mine are size 26.5.

As for the MLT's, it really confounds me that they don't sell them with thermoflex liners. Kind of negates the whole weight savings thing unless you shell out extra cash.

I have a pair of Tourlight Tech 4S (saw a great deal on ebay and went for it) which I believe is just last year's model of the TLT4, but I have not tried them yet because even though they are the same shell size (27.5) as my Tourlight All-Terrains (is that the right name for the blue ones?) my skis would need to be adjusted to fit them because they are shorter without the toe-piece. A friend of mine has these same boots and loves them. To improve performance, he added a G-fit liner and a custom booster strap. I have some of those booster straps too for my blue dynafits and they improved the performance so much (they feel like my downhill boots now) that I would certainly use them on these boots as well.