Mt Persis: Information Please?

scot'teryx

Can anyone tell me mileage and access?

I know that you take FR 62 from hwy 2, but the Skykomish Ranger told me that the gate is open but we would not get that far on it. So how far is it from the gate to the climbers path? What is the mileage from there to the summit? Thanks for any info.

scott@nwog.org

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

scott- FS # 62 is less than 10 miles from Zekes Drive In east of Goldbar.

The gate is about 100 yards off of hwy 2 and the reason you wont make it much farther than the gate is we have about 10" of heavy wet snow near Monroe = probably alot more at the gate on FS #62 which is not plowed to my knowledge. From HWY 2 its about 4 miles and 2,000 - 2,500' gain to the trailhead.

From trailhead to the summit is only about 3 miles and another 2,000' elevation gain. You can stay in the trees to avoid avvy danger until you near the summit. Watch out for walking onto major cornices extending north and east along the ridge and at the summit. It's a long way down. mad.gif" border="0 Take ski's if at all possible, most of the terrain would be skiable.

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: Bronco ]

quote:

Originally posted by Bronco:
......... From HWY 2 its about 4 miles and 2,000 - 2,500' gain to the trailhead.......

What a bozo that dude Bronco is. From what I hear, he is such a bad climber, he brings newbies to Index and has them wear cowboy boots so he can look good.

Scott - After reading these other posts, I checked it out and it's at least 6 miles from the gate to the TH. blush.gif" border="0