A visit to the Gowans' Home - a TR

Greg_W

So, JGowans invites me over the other night. I thought this was sort of mysterious, but said okay. It was going pretty well, I hadn't gotten drunk or offended his lovely bride at this point. Gowans is asking me about staying in the country, how he really loves America and doesn't want to leave, but his family back is Scotland is all but destitute and his sister might have to go into "the oldest profession known to man", as he put it. I didn't really know what he was asking, so I just smiled and nodded a lot; besides, I was drinking his double-malt, so what did I care? All of a sudden, I realize that he's trying to get me to broker some sort of mail-order bride deal between his sister and some kindly friend of mine; did I know anyone? This sort of threw me, but I said I'd check into it and get back to him.

At this, he's so elated he runs into the house and grabs the bagpipes and drags the wife out onto the patio. All of a sudden, he's blowing on the pipes like it's Christmas and he just got a new sled and Mrs. Gowans is making like a wee Scottish pixie dancing around the patio for all she's worth.

Well, it was good times and I had to leave after the third or fourth dance; Mrs. Gowans is a fine dancer and showed me a step or two. She sure has a firm grip, that gal. Anyway, I snapped a picture of the lovely Mrs. Gowans and JGowans in all their finery:

dancer1.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic