Washington and Oregon Wilderness Mountaineering...

gapertimmy

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmay-

you found me out. I am one of those agency people...seriously. It's just a summer temp Ranger job that i'm doing and i'm not trying to defend myself (or the agency) at all. I'm thinking more about it from a personal history perspective and the limited interaction that i've had are mostly good ones with other Rangers.

now that the cat's out of the bag... About the NW forest Pass, talk to Congress about it. They set it up, NOT the FS. in my District (Sisters) the forest pass money goes mostly for paying summer temp's salaries (e.g. me). We clear all the trails (they should all be open by Monday), restore campsites, give information to people, and some of us write tickets when necessary. I can't really think of a whole lot better to do for the summer than hiking and getting paid for it. grin.gif

i'm still trying to get ahold of my other contact about the survey stuff, hopefully it will come back to me by Monday when i get back in from the field.

spray on...