Seattle International Beer Fest

JGowans

...sux.

- Tiny cups that needed filling every 3rd swig

- $20 for 10 tickets that filled said tiny cups. The good beer took 3 tickets though.

- Said tiny cups not enough to make me like the shite music

- Fat sunburned women all over the place

thumbs_down.gif

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a kid living in Italy (in a beach town on the Med), every summer all these German tourists would show up and hog space. And I'm not kidding, I mean hog! It seemed to me at the time that every one of them was fat and sunburned. I thought, "That's just the way they come." Until I went to Germany. Then I realized that they are just fat. yellaf.gif

If I might just continue with my rant...most of the beers on show are commercially available at your local QFC. I was hoping for a trip into the unknown and a chance to taste the beers of some small local brewers and international of course. Pilsner Urquell to my mind does not constitute an International Beer Festival.

Having said that though, the Spaten Pils was excellent for a sunny day!

All those beer festivals are bunk. Way too much money for miniature samples of beer you can get at any pub or market, consumed amid throngs of "alternative" dudes who went all-out and wore the backwards baseball cap (AE, AF, or some other out-there brand) and the chunky leather sandals. Some of them even wear their prefab AF cutoff cargo shorts, and maybe a way crazy, super-zany hawaiian shirt to show off their "tribal" design tattoos ... "like, dude ... this Beerfestival is, like, rad ... how come everyone else here looks just like me ?.. where'd we park, like, the Rover, dude ?.. c'mon, let's go to Kell's, 'cause I'm, like, part Irish and being Irish is rad because, like, you can drink Guinness and go to Kell's ..."

thumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gif

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

All those beer festivals are bunk. Way too much money for miniature samples of beer you can get at any pub or market, consumed amid throngs of "alternative" dudes who went all-out and wore the backwards baseball cap (AE, AF, or some other out-there brand) and the chunky leather sandals. Some of them even wear their prefab AF cutoff cargo shorts, and maybe a way crazy, super-zany hawaiian shirt to show off their "tribal" design tattoos ... "like, dude ... this Beerfestival is, like, rad ... how come everyone else here looks just like me ?.. where'd we park, like, the Rover, dude ?.. c'mon, let's go to Kell's, 'cause I'm, like, part Irish and being Irish is rad because, like, you can drink Guinness and go to Kell's ..."

thumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gif

You hit the nail on the head...although the Rover jibe was a bit too close to home. cry.gif