Cloud Cap Rd. critters

Thrashador

I doubt they were Hood River Valley locals. I had just finished a quick tour of the Snowdome and was enjoying a pilsner fueled descent of Cloud Cap Rd. Driving up hours earlier I'd had the pleasure of seeing four deer and one black bear. The deer were pretty pokey early in the morning. The bear, on the other hand, was hauling major ass to somewhere.

On the way home I spotted a more curious species: a man and woman mountain biking up the road on a weekend. Rubes or gluttons for insane punishment? Who would want to withstand lungfull after lungfull of seriously thick choss dust?

The man, grinning, seemed fairly pleased with himself. The woman, however, looked really pissed. And not at me or the other cars leaving 100 yd. trails of thick, billowing dust.

Hey, if you two by chance are reading this try riding the Gumjuwack trail. It's also a pretty stiff uphill and the bonus is that cars don't fit there! wave.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Snow Dome I'm talking about is on the north side of the mountain; it's accessed out of Cloud Cap and is about half way up the Sunshine Route. Right now, from my kitchen window, it looks like there is enough snow for some decent turns. Which Snow Dome are you talking about?

bobinc said:

The Snow Dome I'm talking about is on the north side of the mountain; it's accessed out of Cloud Cap and is about half way up the Sunshine Route. Right now, from my kitchen window, it looks like there is enough snow for some decent turns. Which Snow Dome are you talking about?

Yes, we're all talking about the same spot. Why walk when you can turn?!?! rockband.gif