Back to work

EWolfe

After a long break, it's finally back to work monday.

Pretty sweet gig though: 32 hour work week (4 days) on a 2.8 million dollar home overlooking Birch Bay. I get to work with two master craftsmen and another carpenter who only works 3 days a week. High end and no hurry, a great combination! grin.gif

The house is amazing! 7500 square feet, timberframe with 35-foot vaulted ceilings, and endless rooms. They brought in 16 tons of river rock to do the chimneys and columns.

The framing is done, so we got about a year or so to finish the house. thumbs_up.gif

Then they put in the 600k landscape! shocked.gif

wave.gifbigdrink.gif

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fence_Sitter said:

blah, high school girls...

rockband.gifyellaf.gif

Drriifffftttt.... back! Made it through the first day, WHEW! bigdrink.gif Turns out they are using 60 (not 16) tons of river rock, and the super brought in an extra 20 just to be sure. 8 masons on site today, wow! Thanks for the offers of help, IT'S MY FIRST DAY! wazzup.gif

1. The Super has the whole house on CAD - pretty cool.

2. The framing went $70K over budget? shocked.gif. No biggie! hellno3d.gif

3. The whole roof is 1" tongue and groove (No, Trask!), and each section has 3 different pitches. (Inside ceiling is all wood, no drywall).

Pretty amazing place to spend the next year with two master craftsmen - on a bluff overlooking the ocean... rockband.gif

wave.gif

Timber Framing? Man, if that's solid sawn big stuff, it would not be hard to go $70k over...Glulams, a little more difficult, but the numbers you're throwin' around, i just bet they are using solid sawn or a super duper architectual grade for glulams...

Man, shoot some pics and throw them up on this site!!!! Timber framing and rock work gets me going!! My dream is to sometime own a timber framed deal up in the mountains as a second home...

More info tomorrow - I know it is RustedFish, and he is on Tokl or sumpin. Anyway, this guy: his last project was a 12.5 mil project in Medina: he makes DVD's for all his projects complete with soundtracks (and some sound bites).

There is a 35 foot river rock chimney that I am going to get the first ascent on with my two pads!!!!

PAD PEOPLE rockband.gif!!!!!!