Sup Nuts?

allthumbs

I'm woopped...

Early rise, did a long day on the water, and then helped the neighbor build a shed. I'm about done.

I think I'll call for a pizza and see if I can find a chica to come over with a flick, put my feet up and drink a couple whiskeys.

Or, I could go put that new prop on the boat and do that tune up / impeller swap like I planned.

Nope, feet are up, whiskey's poured .. time to relax.

Wazzup Homies? wave.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent today taking my Japanese final. Not good, my friends. frown.gif After that, I went to work and then worked out. I climbed the stairmaster for an hour carrying 27 lb. Did a total of 4 mi. I'm getting there...

I have two friggin final exams next week: monday (genetics) and tuesday (organic chem). Yeah, this weekend'll be 'fun'. boxing_smiley.gif

Btw, anyone else go to UW?

Edited by Kiwi

Yep, I must be nuts. I went out Saturday and worked on the Canyon Creek trail with a Pulaski on a south facing slope in a sunny area on the hottest day of the year. Went through 4 liters of water and managed to just avoid heat stroke. Found out I'm in much better shape than most of my fellow National Trails day workers.

Canyon Forks is a trail that you all might like to check out. Access is via Road 4140 off of the Mountain Loop Hwy. The trail is a remnant of the trail that once connected to the Meadow mountain trail and provided access to the Three Fingers Lookout from the Verlot area. Logging and road building in the 1970's severed and bypassed the trail. Now the FS has decided to revive this trail which hasn't seen significant maintenance in 30 years.

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=10&n=5334417&e=588843&s=25&size=m

What is interesting about the trail is the huge old growth cedars you can see and fishing at the forks. There are orchids and Canadian dogwood blooming at the moment. There is a ruin of a shelter near the river, where one could camp. It's really nice down there. Don't go if you require views, because there aren't any. There isn't much in the way of signage either, but that is a good thing, because you won't see any people either.