• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Dulton

La Sportiva Extreme S boots?

Does anyone use the Trango Extreme S boots or know anything about em'? Thinking about getting a pair for technical climbing and maybe some glacier slogs like Rainier, but want a boot that can make the transition to mixed rock and ice routes too so i need a little bit of ankle flexibility. From what I've read and heard so far these boots sound really awsome. Any comments, complaints or praises?? Thanks for the beta! cool.gif

the Trango extreme is great for ice/mixed climbing. Not to bulky, plenty of ankle flexibilty, and fits just about every type of crampon. If you have the $, you may want to check out the Trango Comp also. My buddy has these and they are rediculously light. Either one will work OK for alpine, as long as it is not super cold, and you are on the move most of the time.

I got mine late January and got 3 weekends of ice climbing and approaches with them three words… they are GREAT!!! …If they fit go for them cantfocus.gif

my buddy wore a pair for 10 days in little switzerland, ak. they worked great and if you lay down some duct tape between the toe box and where your gators end they stay a bit dryer if the glacier is getting slushy.

If you know anyone who wants to buy a pair of Trango Extremes, I'd love to dump mine. They're 42.5 or 43 (8 3/4 -9), and fit just a bit too small. Little use due to the sizing issue. PM me.

Cheers,

GB