City of Rocks, ID

Charlie

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie I think you'll be fine. Generally June in pretty nice there, and often May is too. It will defenitly be climbable unless you get some heinous wind. Have fun dude!!

Donini's Crack

Tribal Boundaries

Crack of Doom

Funky Bolt

... and many others

Charlie said:

yes- don't mind my babbling- it's been a rough week- ever had an arrogant bastard? I'm having one right now- not bad. We'll have to hook up before I go- maybe I'll take you on the Tavern Tour of lovely West Seattle.

sounds great. next week. i will bring stuff to Oly with me and then we'll figure when out on monday. bigdrink.gif

Charlie said:

Just booked my flight ($102!!!). How is it? I heard they just opened acces to a new area.

Whoa, access just opened to that ranch that Access Fund acquired? I heard that the approach was the issue, but some folks had been hiking in the long way and putting some stuff up. Seemed to me like the area in question was maybe 2/3 the size of the City proper? Lots and lots of rock. New route goldrush. The climbing is great at the City, has the flavor of JTree, but as reported, more alpine. That means willows and pines in the draws, prickly pear on top of the ridges with plenty of sagebrush. You'll have a great time, and the timing should be grand. thumbs_up.gif

You should be fine. There may be snow in the evening, but it'll melt off when the sun comes out, but be prepared for wetness.

The climbing is stellar tho, a blast to climb and the new area should be sweet.

I've got an old guidebook (circa 1990 or so) but you should be able to pickup an updated one out there.