The Real Polluters

RobBob

I'll keep my relatively efficient SUV, thank you, knowing that the people burning shit in the poorer parts of the world are the real aerial emmissions culprits. Sometime in the past five years I remember reading that a backyard trash fire containing household plastic will emit more pcb's and the like than a modern-day large scale waste incinerator.

Now comes today's Wall Street Journal article, "A Dirty Discovery Over Indian Ocean Sets Off a Fight." I don't have an online subscription to cut and paste, but if you have a copy of the Journal, you ought to read this article about the "Asian Brown Cloud."

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

RobBob said:

I'll keep my relatively efficient SUV, thank you, knowing that the people burning shit in the poorer parts of the world are the real aerial emmissions culprits. Sometime in the past five years I remember reading that a backyard trash fire containing household plastic will emit more pcb's and the like than a modern-day large scale waste incinerator.

Now comes today's Wall Street Journal article, "A Dirty Discovery Over Indian Ocean Sets Off a Fight." I don't have an online subscription to cut and paste, but if you have a copy of the Journal, you ought to read this article about the "Asian Brown Cloud."

Whatever. Your SUV is still an overconsumptive shitheap, no matter how much worse someone else is polluting. You're still a disease.

i blow my smoke...you blow yours.... i love how everyone tries to blame the U.S. for everything... sure we consume more energy, but at least we aren't burning trash for energy....i say we live in a damned good country and anyuone who disagrees can stick their mouth over the 2.5 inch exhaust of my F-250

Fence_Sitter said:

i blow my smoke...you blow yours.... i love how everyone tries to blame the U.S. for everything... sure we consume more energy, but at least we aren't burning trash for energy....

Umm actually we do, it's called trash to steam, and it's cleaner than coal.