How often are more remote peaks of Olympics visite

johndavidjr

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking at a trip to Mount Christie and Dellabarre. Fairly remote. Mount Queets, climbing the Queets Glacier up from Queets Basin is another. Crystal Peak and Chimney Rock west of Mount Anderson are also on the list of "remote places I'd like to go".

I need to quit my job.

Fairweather, damnation I've looked at that same outing myself. Low Devide, then Christie and Delebarre, then down to and out Enchanted Valley trail. I dont have the maps in front of me but I'd be really interested if you wanna go sometime. Coffee & maps?

Dox

I love the deep wilderness of the Olympics--want to explore more of it this summer. Did Did full Bailey range traverse in september--from sol-duc in north to quinault in the south--saw no one for 8 days

Has anyone done Muncaster and the high Quinault traverse--Crows Foot to Martins Park? That's on my list for this season.

The Olympics are great for several remote, alpine traverses that get you near rarely climbed peaks. The folks on this site who bag on the range select low grade/high class climbs they can tick off in a weekend. Try a little grade 4 routefinding once in a while. The Oly experience, it seems to me, is about being a smart woodsman, a confident mountaineer, and a curious and determined climber. Many rewards for the faithful.

• 3 months later...

i just got back from a 4 day jaunt up skokomish into the duck, into the enchanted, into the freaking horse fly haven. staircase wasn't that much fun, i don't know if i'll hike that section of trail again, but the solitude, the scenery just can't be beat.

i was going to ask if many folks get in for ski tours, i'm guessing there are still quite a few FD's to be had back there.