weather at Washington Pass

meganerd

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up there last night. It rained most of the way during the drive up and rained in the pass until around 2am when it turned to snow. It was snowing reasonably hard above 5000' but very warm. None of the snow by the roadside hardened up significantly over night.

Drove back this morning, it was raining pretty heavily all the way out of the hills. I figure it must have put down several inches on elevations above 6000' over night and it going to put down more today.

Ade

I did the same thing Ade did except we were in Icicle Canyon - so less useful for figuring out what's happening up north, but for what it's worth it rained cats and dogs all night in the Icicle, with temps around 40. This morning we drove over Stevens Pass, the temps were 33 at the top of the pass and it was dumping snow. There is a lot of precip coming down, if the weather gets better for the weekend then the skiing may be awesome but the climbing maybe not as great.