Sherpas

epb

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, your not playing fair man. frown.gif" border="0 You edited that post after I replied with a little spray.

>>I only said that it is their major source of income, do you disagree with that???<<

Nope.

>>With out any type of modernization, Nepal faces depelating their natural reasources. There second major source of income is in the export of raw materials, of which they have few of significant value. So I suppose you would rather see it turn into a deforested strip mine than a industrial landfil...<<

The export of raw materials has more of an effect on nepals enviromental status and depletion of tehir naturl resources than the lifes of the rural nepales people and hill tribes.

Nepal info:

GDP: US$27.4 billionGDP per head: US$1100Annual growth: 6%Inflation: 2.1%Major industries: Tourism, carpet, textile, small rice, jute, sugar, oilseed mills, cigarettes, cement and brick production, rice, corn, wheat, sugarcane, root crops, milk, water buffalo meatMajor trading partners: India, US, Germany, UK, Singapore, Japan

i don't really get how mules or llamas are a better portering method than paying some porter to do a job he or she would not otherwise have.

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Festival is a good idea. However I went to last years and dont plan on ever going again. A bunch of dykes mountain biking and parasailers that were boring. What the fuh!

Big deal...

I went to the Aerosmith concert, got invited to a private party, and had me wanker abused muchly by many groopie chicks.

>>Big deal...I went to the Aerosmith concert, got invited to a private party, and had me wanker abused muchly by many groopie chicks.<<

Trask your my hero! Too bad they were washed up aerosmith groupies though...probally had cobwebs between their legs and wiskers on their chins. Whatever though, you still got a rub and a tug. grin.gif" border="0

BTW that is intresting about Sir Edmond Hillary.

I read a quote from Messner some where as well, that went something like "if I can't plan it on a piece of paper, I don't want to climb it." This was referring to all the major contemporary expeditions on everest (and teh use of labtops). This goes more with what I was getting at above though...about all the fuss on expeditions and what not.