Portland Pub Club Thursday

Terminal_Gravity

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

I know nothing at all about baseball and football trivia. Ditto guns, airplanes, standard clutches, and the dialectics of postmodernism. I know very little about classical music and boy bands. Cell biology, genetics and biochemistry are subjects I am only cursorily knowledgeable in. Can't ski at all. Can't drive standard. Can't barbeque properly, it always ends up blackened anmd half raw. Second to Capt. in posting to this bbs. I have no avatars. Cant remember rules to cribbage. Weak at TV trivia, never seen an episode of Cheers or Ally McBeal. Not familiar with much long hair tight jeans 80s rock and roll.
[laf]

No avatars my [Moon]

Hey guys, taking a keg across the border is kind of tricky and may require a sympathetic border guard. We took a keg of Bridgeport IPA up to Valhalla Lodge last winter for a week of face shots and beer. We declared it; our pitch to customs was that we were dividing the volume between 6 of us. A surly guard took the hard line and made us pay duty because (1) a container (said keg) can only be in one persons name (me), which put me over my alcohol limit, and (2) you aren't allowed to bring a keg across the border into Canada anyway. All the other guards appeared to want to less us skate on out, but she wouldn't budge much. She did let us across with it since we were so far from Portland, had a big deposit on the keg and had a helicopter to catch. So, the choices are to (1) don't declare it and hope they don't search you, (2) bring it in bottles, (3) strap it behind the cab of a truck, stick a hose and a gas regulator on it and tell them you're driving a propane-powered truck. Play greenie.

That said, the beer was worth the hassle and the hut custodians were green with envy when we tapped the keg the first sunny afternoon after a 5,000+' day.

Good Luck

...or bring 2 kegs and give one to the border guards.

...or (KEEP THIS SECRET wink.gif" border="0 ) go to the Nighthawk -Keremeos crossing at about 3 AM when the 1 guard is off duty and you can cross without even stopping! SHHHHH don't let the drug smugglers and terrorists know about that one....