knocking the statue down

freeclimb9

As I watched the marines use their vehicle to topple the statue of Saddam today, I thought it was a shame. I think they should've let the Iraqis work on it; let them do it themselves. Much like the Germans went after the Berlin wall. It might have taken days, but it would've been all their own work. It's easy to let someone else (like Uncle Sam) do the heavy lifting, but more satisfying to do it for yourself. And it would have been an accurate symbol of what the Iraqis will need to do in the coming months and years. As Ben Franklin said, work begets work.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read about this in the LA Times. Stupid western reporters were shaken down by the director general of the information ministry. He had threatened to shut down the foreign television networks Tuesday night unless they paid up so-called service fees to pay for the reporter's minders. He collected $200,000 in cash and disappeared. What idiots. yelrotflmao.gif