weekend TRIPS

skyclimb

salbrecher said:

jordop said:

Sounds like a Tim Blair plan cantfocus.gif Good luck, something I've been meaning to try. Just hope somebody's cut trail before you pitty.gif You going south to north or the reverse? I always thought a Rubble start would be best confused.gif

We started at diamond head at 10:30pm and then I slept on the bench in front of the heater at elfin for a few hours. Weather got worse, we skiied to Opal cone, then retreated. We probably could have gone as one other VOCer was setting track about an hour ahead of us on a solo day trip across. He left a pair of running shoes at the canadian tire in squamish so he could "run" the 16km back to his truck at Elfin parking lot hahaha.gif .

Runnin up to D'Head: DOOOOOOOOD THAT'SS CORRRRRE rockband.gif

Solo on the Neve? pitty.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

salbrecher said:

We started at diamond head at 10:30pm and then I slept on the bench in front of the heater at elfin for a few hours. Weather got worse, we skiied to Opal cone, then retreated. We probably could have gone as one other VOCer was setting track about an hour ahead of us on a solo day trip across. He left a pair of running shoes at the canadian tire in squamish so he could "run" the 16km back to his truck at Elfin parking lot hahaha.gif .

Ahh......so you were the guy on the bench. I was one of the two who headed up onto the Neve after your solo friend. We lost his track in drifting snow and zero vis at about 6700' heading up to the Tent. We turned around shortly thereafter, once we realized were caught in one of the wind cirques, and couldn't see how to get out of it other than to follow our tracks back downhill.

Another (VOC?) group that managed to come over from Garibaldi Lake said they didn't see anyone heading in the other direction, but thought they heard someone calling out at one point.

Hopefully your friend made it through OK.