What is war?

RobBob

The obvious answer is that war is Hell.

I am disappointed by two things.

The first has been discussed ad nauseum here, the fact that Americans continue to protest, which gives comfort to the enemy and demoralizes our troops. A number of you naive folks don't believe that's true. My sounding board is the ex-SEAL I share my office with, who spent two tours in Vietnam. He says (with great feeling) that you're wrong.

The second is that the TV networks built up people's expectations that this thing would be over extremely quickly and with very few casualties. That's not the way wars go. With Iraqis doing things like pretending to surrender and then ambushing, we should expect that there will be a lot more to come.

Whether we like it or not, we are on the mountain, and weather is upon us. Let's do the right thing, keep our composure, and recognize the best course of action. We are not going to pull out---we are bound to finish the job. Let's show support for our people on the battlefield, now that the going is getting seriously tough. If you care about them, that's what you will do.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone woke up all thoughtful, and shit. Maybe didn't sleep at all last night? Whatever, freak. There's other shit to worry about like our own jobs. Meanwhile, route names:

Sensitive Site Exploitation

MOAB (Mother Of All Buckets?)

blue screen of death (f'ing STOP error is messing with my mind)

Numbers 10: And the sons of Aaron, the priests, shall blow with the trumpets; and they shall be to you for an ordinance for ever throughout your generations.

9 And if ye go to war in your land against the enemy who oppresseth you, then ye shall blow an alarm with the trumpets; and ye shall be remembered before the LORD your God, and ye shall be saved from your enemies.

10 Also in the day of your gladness and in your solemn days, and in the beginnings of your months, ye shall blow with the trumpets over your burnt offerings and over the sacrifices of your peace offerings, that they may be to you for a memorial before your God: I am the LORD your God."

Think about it! madgo_ron.gif