Seattle to Smith

Dru

just got back from smiff rox.

friday - drove down via i5 to 26, through huge smoke coud near warm springs. forest fire?? indian smoke signals? got to grasslands 2 AM, 9 hrs down.

saturday - flailed on easy climbs (pack animal direct and crack of infinity) . out of shape! finally tag-aided scarface to the halfway and set up giant rope swing which was enjoyed by plenty of walkers by. thanks to American Charlie for helping out. charlie was that you?

sunday - sky ridge and a bunch of new sport climbs on the far side of * pass. sunday night = jug of wine and Technicolor Yawns

monday (Rememberance Day, Vet Day to yanks) hung over, helped the girls set up Tyrolean Traverse to monkey mouth, thanks to aid guys who caught the rope and threw it back, took pictures, rained on. went into bend for evening, no more cafe paradiso, ended up at Big O in Redmond frown.gif" border="0 !!

Tuesday (extra day off) Teddy Bears picnic and new 5.8 next to it (called 10a in new guidebook????), then back to Van via 97 to 82 to 90. Rainy! outvoted 3-1 on hanging out with Adamson. Also on hiking up mt si with plastic boots on.

Today - slept through alarm, up at 9 AM!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by slothrop:
aw, you set up the rope swing, dru? that thing was incredible!
shocked.gif" border="0

I was the belayer and "Ard Arvin" Arlin Kalenchuk got to do the aid. big props to him. visit www.buildering.net and say thanks!

I was the guy jumping off the bottom boulder with the grigri to start people swingin. did you catch some air slothrop? who were you?

Scarface King Swing is easy to set up. You need a cheater stick and a belayer and you just clip and french-pump up the rope. The 8th bolt or so you put an extender draw on to get the rope swing fulcrum just below the obvious rock tooth and then bobs your uncle.

saw a swing somebody set up on monkey face a couple of weekends ago. Looked pretty wild, in fact, some guy stumbled up to us with blood streaming out of his forehead and asked us if we wanted to have a go. We declined. Although one of the guys I was with had brought a head on a stick with him that weekend, and the rest of us wanted to send her on the swing... but he was too damned worried about having her fall off and break. What a lame-o!cussing.gif

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: MysticNacho ]