NW Avvy ctr benefit Thurs. @ REI

fredrogers

Just got an email from one of the kind folks who are "Friends of the NW Avalanche Center". The new Teton Gravity Research movie "Mind the Addiction" is playing at REI this Thursday night at 7PM and again on the 30th. Both shows are $7 for REI members ($8 for non-members) and it's benefit for the NW Avalanche Center.

Great film, great cause.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by mikeadam:
I agree. It's also a good chance to discuss some things like how hard would it be to get a portion of our "involuntary fee demo" money shifted over to the support the NW Avalanche Center which I would support.

No doubt man talk about putting money like that to proper use. Back to the actual backcountry users.

As much as I love the NWAC I don't know if I can sit through another movie chock full o' kids ruining their edges sliding along rails while the latest in poser punk pop blares in the background. The only decent part of the TGR flick the NWAC showed last year was Doug Coombs carving graceful turns down a gnarly Chugach face while Sabbath played in the background. Ironically Coombs was also the only skier in the flick to bother with any sluff management.

Unfortunately the movie couldn't be shown last night. If you were in the area you saw the power outage in the Westlake neighborhood (everything east of 99, west of Eastlake, north of Denny and South of Mercer. It was dark! The Friends are looking to reschedule this showing and had already planned another showing for November 30 anyway.