• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
PaulB

G3 Probe Recall

I think the last grivel recall was the Rambo crampon, due to rigid front bails that were breaking.

I think he was making a joke about the insignificance of a recall on an avalanche probe .. maybe I'm wrong, I apologize in advance if that's the case.

I know I'd be pretty upset if I tried to locate my climbing partner in a debris field and my probe fell apart, not to mention how my climbing partner might feel.

maybe its like the kid in the 6th Sense and it finds avalanche fatalities-to-be. shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

G3 aint having the best of years product wise. All of their skins were recalled because of glue problems and as a result, one cannot buy a pair of skins right now (since December) in SW BC! I ordered a pair in January and they are still about five weeks away confused.gif Now I can't use the new fatties cause my skins are too narrow frown.gif

Or I could just wrap yellow nylon rope around my skis as Fred Touche is supposed to have done cantfocus.gif

"I see buried people..."

wait, I think you might be mixing 6th sense w/Minority Report?

jordop, maybe you should just pick up some ascensions.

Roger said:

I think the last grivel recall was the Rambo crampon, due to rigid front bails that were breaking.

yellaf.gifyellaf.gif yeah I meant, avalanche probes are pretty bread-and-butter, not much to malfunction. I maintain the best marketing wizards are those who can charge $40-80 for the equivalent of a tent pole and a sidewalk snow shovel and have dirtbag skiers/climbers happily pay for it!

also I've never seen anything more saturated (except for DFA's tights on 5.8 offwidth) than the avalanche probe market. There's got to be like 50 different options out there, some approaching $100!

Roger said:

jordop, maybe you should just pick up some ascensions.

No, there are NO skins anywhere in SW BC now. I'd prefer Ascension actually fruit.gif

what kind of crazy country are you guys running up there, anyway...? we may have a president who didn't even win the popular vote and is about to invade iraq, but at least we don't have serious problems like a total lack of climbing skins... confused.gif

I have a pair of the ascentions and the glue is peeling off. This is the second pair it's happend to this year! I think i'll wait till they get more skins in stock till i take em back.

wasn't NAFTA supposed to solve these kinds of issues? Maybe we are not importing enough canadian bacon. No wonder pizza prices have skyrocketed, complimented by a scarcity of cheap buffalo wings and dominoes' "dots" rolleyes.gif

hmmm.... that sounds like bad news, as I just bought a pair of ascensions for my new fat skis. How many days did you get out of them before the glue stopped working?

iain said:

wasn't NAFTA supposed to solve these kinds of issues? Maybe we are not importing enough canadian bacon. No wonder pizza prices have skyrocketed, complimented by a scarcity of cheap buffalo wings and dominoes' "dots" rolleyes.gif

I've definitely had a hard time finding a toque anywhere in the states...

Roger said:

I've definitely had a hard time finding a toque anywhere in the states...

well that's simply a matter of national security. They are quarantined at the border along w/ contaminated fruit, thank god.

did you do a search under "stocking caps"

just like you cant find a "serviette" anywhere in the States... i bet you dont even know what item I'm talking about do ya??? any guesses? tongue.gif

Dru, wipe your chin, you drooling bastard- then a serviette'll come in handy!

I paid a Damn high price for canadian bacon the other day- $6.50 (US) for a half a kilo. I think the US should turn our foreign policy AWAY from Iraq, and North Korea, and instead flex our muscles and invade Canada to ensure fair prices on AC & C's, cheap beer and back bacon. a goal of the campaign would be to ensure that Mountain Equipment Co-Op sure will ship climbing gear and skis to us!

BTW, the G3 probe recall was because they forgot to tie a knot in the cable! Duh! where's the QC?