Ya I know, I am out of it🤷‍♂️

rockndan

Back in the day of cascade climbers there was a "trip report" tab/page or whatever you call it where all the trip reports funneled into "one" tab/page or whatever you call it. I miss that. Now it's under each category like freshies , north Cascades, central , international and so on. Is there a way I can see trip reports in one page like it used to be? 

Please flip me shit for my ignorance in this matter it brings me much joy. 

Cheers

Yeah shits been like that for a while my man.  Sorry.  Right now focused on keeping the site around, many sites have died, good ones.  We are still going.  I was working on getting a better TR system in place and made progress.  But then that fell apart as the developer kind of went his own direction.  

You can still find stuff. And yes it could be better.  I'm the only one running the site from the technical side. @JasonG and a few other mods keep things clean. 

Honestly I'd like to eventually hand the site over to a new guard of younger folks who will not commercialize the site and keep the community aspect alive...but also can make it better. 

Life has been taking me personally in a lot of different directions, but I still love this site and am committed to keeping it going.  Also invite new energy and drive, but it has to be selfless, and directed towards keeping this going like a non-profit entity.   Thankfully we have a great sponsor in the American Alpine Insitute, and we have had generous donations from the users of the site. 

There is a TON of great stories here, and they continue to grow.   We will find a way to keep that alive. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Rawk on! 1

• 3 weeks later...

To the non-profit end:  if anyone has experience (especially from the legal side) I'd like to explore what it would take to actually incorporate this enterprise as a non-profit from a legal and business standpoint.

Also interested in lending a hand where I can. Always happy to throw some pennies towards the @olyclimber coffee/beer fund. I'll nudge some of the LTown posters that I know to get back to work on trip reports here.

Raising kids and being busy with life is temporary; shitposting on CC.com is forever.