What is a 'findable' lightweight binding with wire bail and heel clamp?

I could probably put this in the ice climbing or other thread. Basically I want to wear mountaineering boots in my bindings.

I have 404, and they are way too heavy. I'd love to find Emery Chrono bindings...

In the past I had Ramer AT bindings and I found them to be pretty good at least for me because I ski pretty mellow, even if it's steep. But I have not come across those since 2021 and they were $100 and an older version.

Does any company currently make mountaineering bindings? All I see is either Dynafit or heavy tanks for ski boots.

Eventually I might just try Silvretta 500's easy go.

I have some really old Salewa tour bindings (but not as old as Ramer) if you are looking for something like that?  Not at home for a few days but like this: https://wildsnow.com/backcountry-skiing-history/binding-museum-backcountry-skiing/salewa-tour-1987-backcountry-skiing-alpine-touring-binding/

currently mounted on some kids skis with skinny skins but they work pretty well for easy stuff.   I skied from Camp Sherman on Rainier with them one.

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to make this setup work with some old rear crampon straps, I haven't found a narrow toe bail that will work yet. I haven't noticed any movement on the boot once its locked in though. Its stiff enough for the stuff I do down the roads and approaches. I have not put the downhill lock back on yet as I wasn't sure if I would be keeping them.

IMG_20240311_100714_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240311_100637_HDR.jpg

Edited by Lostbolt
Added picture
  • Like 1