Pack questions

Old_Man

cracked said:

Do you have too much money? I get by with two: a homemade daypack (probably 2500-3000 ci), wt 1.3 lbs, and an Arc'teryx Khamsin 62. KISS.

Nahh...just smart Ebay buyerI bought them over the years none of them cost me over $100 and all the dana, the nozon, and the icesac were brand new the only one used were the Andinista and the Chernobyl in less then $80 a piece cantfocus.gifwink.gif

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, $90 times 7 is $630. You have too much money. Then again, it's a safer investment than stocks. wink.gif And I second Mattp's advice about wands. It's also easy to sew a sleeve that you can clip to your pack, use it like a quiver.

Edited by cracked

I've used the Alpine Light. Pretty nice pack, carries surprisingly comfortably for having just a wide piece of webbing for the waistbelt. Tool tubes are hypalon, which may be a bit harder to holster/unholster than nylon; plus side, you can't hurt 'em. Ditto the crampon patch. Uses those tough rubber Voile straps; tough, darned tough. Comes in 3 sizes for getting that perfect fit. Nice pack, very well made.

Hey, I've been reading the thread trying to figure out a good daypack too...has anyone got an opinion on the Marmot Eiger pack? REI is selling it for $99. Looks pretty simple but has the basic necessities. I have seen the stuff on MEC, but the dividend is burning a hole in my pocket smile.gif

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?productId=47569552&storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&langId=-1