Cunning Stunt, Index

Norsky

Eventhough Cunning Stunt had bolts chopped a couple of years ago, it still chaffes my arse. This was retro-bolted by the first ascensionist about 3 years ago and it became a truly awesome 10d line. Loads of people did it until someone chopped it. Was this person's opinion more important than the FA or the numerous people who climbed it? Bummer! It is now a mixed line with sketchy gear. I have seen only a couple of people do it since, one of which was probably the chopper. Bring on the sob stories about the slippery slope of bolting, but this was a GOOD retro-bolt job! cry.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I NEVER CLIMBED C.S. WITH ALL THE BOLTS, AND HAVE ONLY FOLLOWED IT ON PURLY GEAR.

THOUGH I HAVE CLIMBED IT NOW SINCE THE ONE BOLT HAS BEEN REPLACED. THAT IS THE ONLY BOLT THAT ROUTE NEEDS. THE ROUTES CRUX IN MY OPINION IS ONLY THOSE 4 OR 5 MOVES.

I THINK IT TAKES GEAR WELL.

THAT ROUTE IS NEAR MY LIMIT.

Its a boring clip-up with all those bolts. Now its a good challenging climb. Too many bolts in the Country IMHO.

And what's with that 11dX route we did Erik. More like 10b solid pro. Whateva, I can't wait to go back and lead it so I can say I climb 11dX. Hell yeah.

CAREFUL PETE, LAMEBONE MIGHT STARTING CALLING YOU SOME SELF RIGHTOUS KNOW IT ALL WANNA BE HARDMAN WHO IS OBSESSED WITH INDEX.