Couldn't make this one up if I tried

willstrickland

That is just so sick.

I think I am going to crawl into my hole and never climb again, because I am never going to be crankin on the Petit bro's hangboard by Enterprise and send sick 5.17's.

Oh wait, I don't care. I just enjoy climbing, be it 5.5, 5.9 or 5.11, trad, sport, aid, alpine. And I don't talk like a wannabe fool (at least I don't think so).

Me

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, look what just came out in the AARP newletter this month.

Like many of his peers these days, the 73 year old is proving that he's more than just a high altitude goat who can send the most first ascents in the NW.

On October 10, Beckey made the second ascent of Robby McGown's Free For Some (5.11a) at Beacon Rock, Washington by a 60+ yr old. The V3 crux is right off the ground. Beckey made a huge reach from a finger jam and undercling to a solid slot. “The route requires a lot of body tension and finger strength,” Beckey says. “I think the 50+ years training with my Moutain Axe by REI helped.”

From Rock and Ice's News section:

Like many of his peers these days, the 17 year old is proving that he's more than just a gym rat who can send on the best slopers Pusher can offer.

On October 10, Roth made the second ascent of Timmy Fairfield's powerful Sickman (5.14b) at Palomas Peak, New Mexico. The V12 crux is right off the ground. Roth made a huge throw from a bad pocket and undercling to a solid slot. “The route requires a lot of body tension and finger strength,” Roth says. “I think the training on the Petit Brothers hangboard by Entreprises helped.”

When asking Will what he though of all this he said: "Well hold on and let me put down my new SuperOldE 40oz finger training simulator and tell you my thoughts. Ever since I sent the sick-hard "Sick-Hard" route (5.17c+) at Potosi with the help of my new and improved Timy Fairfield signature model Ex-Pat climbing slippers by La Spraytiva, I've been wondering...How do those youngsters manage to crank so hard at an early age. Now I see their secret is to eat lots MonkeyCLimb brand's climbing specific gel food and to train on the Petit Hangboard by Enterprise. I also think that new climbers should take that kid Roth as an example...they should want to dress like him, act like him, and use the same gear as him or else how are they ever gonna climb the sick-hard lines like the CLASSIC "Sick-Hard" put up in 2000.