The Marshall Plan, Pub Club, And Crazyjz

crazyjizzy

From the carnage that was yesterday, we will rebuild the Pub Club; better, faster, stronger. The Fremont/Ballard axis will be stopped. I think that we need to remember that in the last year there has been three East-side Pub Clubs (April, Oct., Feb.). On average that is about once every 14 weeks. When there is a groundswell for the East-side, we will not coddle anyone who we feel is trying to sway votes back to the hated Ballard/Fremont. Us East-sider's are particulary touchy because we all have regular jobs, and are not able to hang out by the computer in the living room like all you un-, and barely- employed Fremontites

I vote that we codify Eastside Pub's for April, Sept, Nov, and Feb. That shopuld allow you wennies plenty of time near your homes. I also think that on occassion, that a trip to a place like Northlake Pizza, etc shopuld be entertained. This way youngsters like Colin could visit, while you drunks got your buzz on.

It was cool to see people like Lisa and Dwayner at the Redmond Pub Club.

Remember, us Eastsiders may be few, but we have Me and Caveman on out side, as well as an understanding AlpineK.

Prolatriatly Yours

CJZ

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, we've seen Dwayner and Lisa at Seattle Pub Clubs, too... what's your point. I think we just all use pub club as an excuse to bail on things and get together and shoot the shit... Since when is it getting so serious and official... (speaking as someone who was accused of trying to strongarm a pub club a long time ago due to my XX chrom's)

So some can make it to some and others can't make it to others... No big thing, they are every week, no need to get all up in arms about things...

I've had a great time at every one I've attended... bigdrink.giffruit.gif

Flame on Crazyjz, as I assume you will...

You are speaking from the perspective of a centrally located poster of cc. Also CJZ has attended a number of Seattle Pub Clubs.

The Idea of Pub Club was for posters from the greater Seattle area to get together. The first compromise was that we would visit the eastside once a month. After we did this for a while it became obvious that there wasn't enough eastside support to keep up that schedule, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't visit the eastside from time to time.

Since our original system broke down we have been operating under a system one could describe as tyranny of the majority. If you don't live in Ballard/Fremont you are forced to drive long distances to attend Pub Club, and worse yet you have to drive home. Think of this in reverse; how often would you attend Pub Club if you had to drive to Redmond. If you want Pub Club on the eastside you are forced to start a fight to tear it out of the hands of the Ballard/Fremont croud.

CJZ isn't asking to go back to the once a month plan; he's just trying to get things so that when a few eastsiders ask for pub Club once every couple months (the last eastside one was 4 months ago) they get some respect from the rest of us.

Pub Club is fun. We should be willing to share.

I think that was one of the larger Eastside meetings and it was a hoot. It was nice to meet some new folks and see the familiar faces from the past like Dwayner.

Was I the only one suffering this morning, seemingly still intoxicated, at least that is how I felt until the afternoon....ouch!

Good luck to Mtnrngr!