TR: Post Orgasmic Bliss (SFW)

snoboy

After the orgy of consumerism that "climaxed" yesterday, I decided it was time for a little back to nature today.

Not wanting to drive too far, or thrash in too much bush, I decided to stay close to home and do the circuit tour of the local range.

After an epic 9 minute drive I was at the trail head, and had picked up my partners for the day. We disembarked from the Silver Tsube, and gathered all the last minute gear that I had thrown in, somehow I had managed to arrive with skins, boots, and skis! Poles too! blush.gif

Ouch, I forgot how much work touring for turns is, I have been getting lazy these days. Up. Up. Up. Re-breaking old trail is such a good way to travel in the snow. No brains required, just zone out and push. smile.gif

Oh! The top! So Soon? Cool. Fruit cake and hard sauce is good ski tour food. cheeburga_ron.gif Skins off, skis on, lock and go! So good. fruit.gif

Back up to the top again, and off the South side this time. Not as good, dinged a couple of rocks, but it got gooder in the trees. thumbs_up.gif Well, both sides of that mountain done, must move on to the next one. fruit.gif

Up and over Grey mountain, and to the top of the sweetest 2500' of first trax that I have had in a long while. Open pine glades, and calf deep freshiez. 8==D Hit the cattrack of the ski hill and out to the road. Walk across to partner's house, and go pick up my car. fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

Hazard: Moderate, areas of Considerable

Fun factor: Very High

Total elev: 5000'+

Pics to follow: No

One word to sum it up? Yummy!!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So anyways, 30cm of the lightest snow I have ever skied fell on Saturday night. Sunday was chaos at the hill, but there was lots to go around, and I had a blast.

As the opportunities for first tracks started to dwindle, I soon got to wondering how that beatiful line that I skied on Boxing Day would be with an extra foot on it? With Fern in town for a few days, we decided to go and check it out, along with another friend.

After a day of lift served we nipped down and picked up our packs and swapped skis around, rode the chair back to the top, and toured the ridge over to the top of the neighbouring peak, which left us standing on top of the same run I had done only a few days before, only now it was different, better... DEEPER, fruit.gif and it was still untracked.

It was good. Really good. Like top 3 good. laugh.gif

Now my skis have been to see the p-tex man, I've had a couple of rest days, and my gear and I are waiting for the first storm cycle of 2004. Bring it on...

Thanks to my good friends for making this all possible, and most of all for sharing the good times. bigdrink.gif