June Partners

nkane

At the beginning of July, I'm taking leave of these fair shores and moving to New York City.

Since I've only lived in Portland for two years, I'm quitting my job as of Friday and taking June off to climb. I'm looking for partners to climb with midweek throughout the month.

Goals:

-Run up Hood at least one more time

-Do something in the Olympics - climbing, backpacking, alpine, whatever. I've never been there and it seems like an awesome place.

-Cragging at Smith, French's, Broughton, Ozone (never been there either)

-Alpine routes in the ALW, North Cascades

Here's me:

CIMG0614.JPG

Here's my rack (it's a little bigger now):

P3022841.JPG

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

p.m. me.

I'm busy climbing this wk but will be free to climb next wk.

There is still a lot of snow, so I'll be getting arround on skis. N Cascades and Enchantments fit the bill realy well. If it is wet in the mountains, then Frenchman's Coulee or Smith, mabey City of Rocks would be fun.

I second that about Frank.

I'm also looking to get out for midweek jaunts. Usually just day stuff, but depends on work schedule. Alpine, ice, rock, whatever.

Donnie

donniekolb@gmail.com

I'm looking to head up into the N Cascades this weekend for a day trip, depending on how deep the snow is. I have my eyes on Snowfield Peak via Pyramid Lake. The Olympics would be a great option too, but haven't checked out how deep the snow is there too. Maybe Constance?

Wow! An explosion of potential partners!

I'm booked for this weekend and the 5th-8th, but I am looking for anyone who wants to climb Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning.

I do ski, and I have AT skis and skins but no AT boots, so I'd have to either score a pair of boots or lug heavy alpine boots for any ski travel.

Looking forward to getting out!

• 3 weeks later...

Wasn't me that gave you that idea now was it?

I'd put a thread out elsewhere related to the same kind of thing, quitting job, big break and climbing, work in a different job after that.. :)

I've done Smith' it's fantastic.

Edited by climbinggal