• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   12/08/21

Thanks for visiting Cascadeclimbers.com.   Yep, we are still going!    Just put a new coat of paint on the site. Still the same old community of climbers, skiers, and people who love to get outdoors. Hope you had a great 2021, and wish you the best for 2022 and beyond.  Thanks again for stopping by.
Sign in to follow this  
TimL

3 Top Routes?

1. Saber (yep, heard it's fun)

2. Gib Ledges (obligitory anual slog)

3. N. Ridge of N. Peak of Index (in summer you phsycos)

4. More Cascade Pass climbs (maybe scamper up Jberg)

Edited by Bronco

I agree with you, j_b, do Carla's Traverse. I saw where the traverse took off while doing MJ Dihedral but passed it up then ended up losing the route. It looked like a nice steep slab pitch.

The MJ dihedral continues but I couldn't see any evidence of climbing (everything was coated with that black lichen) and looked tough, so I angled off to the left from the dihedral, ended up on top of a real skinny pedestal, then made a go for it half-ass lunge across a featureless face to a big horizontal flake (oftentimes one can run across something that one cannot walk across) . From there just traverse the flake into Orbit. I was probably 75 feet above Carlas Traverse. I had two others with me and both fell on the lunge move... a testiment to "the leader never falls" theory.

to do:

*Go fart around in the Eldorado-Klawatti plateau region with skis.

*Finish doing every route at Midnight (tr, lead, or hangdog in my lycra!)

*Find more bouldering tucked into the woods for after work stuff around N. Bend. (There's gotta be a lot more out there?)

*Ice-Find a secret reliable stash close to home?

*Sleep in my own bed all the time?

*Avoid finger injuries from peer pressured bouldering sessions.

Will, Whats up dude! Still gunnin for the Shield eh? Good to see your name again! Hope you're swingin them tools!

Sorry, had to give props to will, he da man... bigdrink.gif