High Stakes for New York Gun Control..........

allthumbs

I've been watching Hannity and Colmes. They had a young man on there who moved to New York from Florida. He legally bought a handgun in Florida and was in the process of having it registered in New York (not that that matters here). An intruder (14 page rap sheet) broke into his home and was in his children's bedroom. The man used the handgun to defend his home and children. He confronted the intruder who told him that there were other intruders waiting downstairs, then he charged the man who then shot him twice.

He is now being prosecuted by the DA for illegal handgun posession. He can serve up to one year in prison if convicted. The disgusting part is that the DA has a choice whether or not to prosecute this case. As you would expect, Shawn Hannity was sympathetic, but even Alan Colmes was on this guys side! Hot button issue for New Yorkers.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so if the home owner would have slit the intruders throte with a kitchen knife all would be well?

you just can't explain to me why an intruders "rights" are more important than the homeowners mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif if some one broke into my house and was in my kids room madgo_ron.gif... that would be the end