Where would visit? (Anywhere in the world)

LarryYT

Hi all,

I am a long time lurker, and finally decided to make an account. I have been thinking about making a trip in the next year or two, so I am trying to narrow down some places. I saw on a thread a while back about going to western China, and that has really stuck in my head since it would be more in my budget.

I saw Salewa is doing a lot of contests: http://newsdailynow.com/2015/11/11/salewa/ Those places have really peaked my interest as well. I have entered, and hopefully have a shot at it. Does anyone have experience at any of the places that they're offering?

I look forward to hearing your responses, and would love any first hand feedback.

thanks!

Edited by LarryYT

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you could inform us as to what you actually want to do in these locations? What are you able to do? Are you looking to new route or climb existing lines? Do you want to rock climb, mountaineer, full on alpinism, or hike around on some trail with a guide who will cook you dinner?

Personally, if I was going to do a once in a lifetime trip I would want to do something on a really big feature in Patagonia or Pakistan... long, technical and varied to a difficult summit.

If you're looking for off the beaten path FAs and ranges, you should probably do your research in past AAJs and not listen to any of us armchair mountaineers.

If you're looking for classic mountain trips you really can't go wrong wandering around New Zealand, Patagonia, the Cordillera Blanca, Nepal, etc.