Salt Lake City in February

Kevin_Ristau

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived in that area for 25 years and climbed there for 15. There has only been 1, count them, 1 winter that I was able to get on the rock in February so don't hold your breath. If the sun is out at all, Little Cottonwood Canyon is the place to be for some fine slab climbing.

Now ice is another story. The south side of the same canyon offers some fine ice climbing.

Kevin, I lived in Utah most of the 80's. I'm assuming you're talking about ice climbing or winter alpine routes. 2 awesome winter alpine routes in LCC are se ridge of Superior (park at Snowbird and walk across road) or N. Ridge of the Pfeifferhorn (access up Red Pine Canyon) Mt Olympus is a great day out too. Best and easiest accessed ice is in Provo Canyon. Go mid week. Santaquin is great too, but further away and not necessary if you've never climbed in Provo. Great White popsicle is WI3 fun route but almost always has someone on it and not great with climbers above. Again, mid week really early or second wave. Some stuff in Big cottonwood but more obscure. PM me if you want more beta. Are you driving down. I could possibly join you.