• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Kidd

SW BC Alpine Ice/Mixed Ideas

Since it is going to be cold and bluebird and I am looking for ideas for a long day Saturday night/Sunday. Preferably something a bit beyond a simple snowy couloir. Any thoughts?

Thanks-Matt

The NF ramp on Harvey may be in thin and spicy shape. I'd imagine Sumallo cirque might be in interesting shape as well.

The NF ramp on Harvey may be in thin and spicy shape.

There's no snow at all on the Ramp.

You might find stuff up the Duffy to be enjoyable right now. Or Wedge Couloir/N Face. If you have a day and a half the north side of Weart and the Owls should be prime - second ascent of the Edwards Route maybe?

Not really.

What did you get up to Matt?

I heard the east ridge of Tricouni got climbed and even had a cornice.

We found 8 pitches of WI near the Sumallo cirque. Better than expected for sure. Will write it up when I have a sec. Haven't heard of stuff in that drainage and there was quite a bit to do that got left undone. Wished we had more time.

Matt, there have been several ice climbs done up the Sumallo valley: see pages 106-107 in West Coast Ice. Bob Koen was "the man" for those. I don't doubt there is plenty more to do, and it'll be interesting to hear where your routes lie relative to the earlier ones...