Road to Eldorado

Alpine94

I was just wondering does anybody know if cascade river road is accessible all the way to the parking lot to climb Eldorado peak? I tried to find info online and found nothing and then called the national park and they were not able to provide any information at this time.

If anyone can provide me with any information I would highly appreciate it. Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I was out there a week ago and it was not possible to drive past MP15 (ended up walking all the way in to the Eldorado trailhead gate). If you have a four wheel truck with chains you would be able to get a couple of more miles in before having to hoof it.

What was your objective at the elderado TH and how was it?

No, I was out there a week ago and it was not possible to drive past MP15 (ended up walking all the way in to the Eldorado trailhead gate). If you have a four wheel truck with chains you would be able to get a couple of more miles in before having to hoof it.

What was your objective at the elderado TH and how was it?

A friend and I ended up doing a ski traverse from cascade pass to mazama. We did the road approach and spent the night up in Boston basin, just below Sahale. We had hoped to climb over sharkfin col onto the Boston glacier but we had bad weather conditions and, due to time constraints, ended up traversing over to the Sahale arm and dropping down into the valley east of cascade pass. I should have a TR posted up here in a couple of days.