[TR] Strobach - FA: Adrenalepherine WI 5 & Others 1/11/2013

Trip: Strobach - FA: Adrenalepherine WI 5 & Others

Date: 1/11/2013

Trip Report:

Sorry it has taken me so long to get this up. I have wanted to share a few photos from a trip Craig Pope, Tim Stabio and I had to Strobach over the Janurary 10th weekend. My 28th birfday was the previous wednesday and the excitement was high for a camp out at strobach. The temps were fabulous, air clean and crisp and the fire warm. I won't bore you with anymore boring details on how fun it was to camp at the base and just get to some photos :)

Day 1: Tower of Power

TowerOPower_1024x590_.jpg

Tim doing the needful

toweropower2_1024x755_.jpg

Craig following...

This route was in great shape, technical to start and beautiful one swings to finish, smiles all the way.

2nd up I took Craig over to the base of Hate Pony and Ponderosa Pillar. Craig took a liking to the center line that climbs the narrow pillar and traverses the thin plate of glass to the top shield of Ponderosa. What resulted was a five star classic with good gear throughout. FA: Adrenalepherine WI 5 50m Craig Pope, Tim Stabio, Bryan Schmitz 1/12/13.

Adrenalepherine_1024x765_1024x765_.jpg

Route takes pillar and corner left of Ponderosa and exits right shortly before the roof.

adrenal_768x1024_.jpg

Craig Pope getting closer

adrenal_2_1024x821_.jpg

In his element

Day 2: Unholy Baptism

unholyp1_768x1024_.jpg

Craig leading a very thin first pitch

unholyp2_1024x688_.jpg

Tim styling the second pitch crux section

Thanks for a great birthday weekend fellas, it was one to remember. ice is for drinks

Gear Notes:

the usual ice stuff

Approach Notes:

sloe shoes for us without a snowmachine...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wanting to see those pictures for a while... do you think Strobach is still in that condition!?

Can you clarify if Adrenalepherine tackles the hanger on the left or the right? Am I correct in thinking Hate Pony climbs ice not visible to the left of the left hanger and rejoins the main flow above the hanger?

I've been wanting to see those pictures for a while... do you think Strobach is still in that condition!?

Can you clarify if Adrenalepherine tackles the hanger on the left or the right? Am I correct in thinking Hate Pony climbs ice not visible to the left of the left hanger and rejoins the main flow above the hanger?

Its been warm, I doubt it is still in that condition but I do know the Harro's were out there a few weeks ago and there was ice still climbable. I would think that something is still climbable there.

Adrenalpherine takes the right hanger. The left hanger has not been climbed to my knowledge. Hate Pony climbs the ice ramp under the left hanger and take a thin sheet of ice to climbers left of the left hanger. Or at least that is my understanding, maybe johnny boy can clarify.

-Bryan

nice job. that looks good for Jan 10th.

the line i had always envisioned was actually a combo of what you guys did: start on the pillar under the roof but instead of traversing right and up, traverse left to the hanger, turn the roof to rest dierctly above.

Unholy looking hard in that pic, nice style.