Mammut Resc You?

JDCH

Anyone seen/heard of this thing yet?

"The RescYou is an innovative rescue device in the event of a fall into a crevasse. It can be used to rescue yourself or other climbers. After braking a fall into a crevasse, the device is attached to the climbing harness (self-rescue) or a fixing point (rescue of another person). After this, the two rope clamps are clipped to the rope and the compact six-fold pulley, which connects the two rope clamps, is operated. This allows the person who has fallen into the crevasse to be rescued as quickly and easily as possible. The RescYou eliminates the need for complicated installations and maneuvers in the event of a crevasse rescue, making this groundbreaking device an essential piece of equipment on any glacier expedition."

http://www.mammut.ch/productDetail/221001160_v_5501/RescYou.html

Could be interesting..

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like you could drop one or both loops if you want to decrease mechanical advantage. I'd be down for mountaineering or hauling heavy loads...both of which I try and avoid as much as possible.

speaking of which, my new petzl Microtraxion is sweet. it weighs 3 oz and has been indispensable for hauling moderate loads, tagging up packs, as my harness ascender for jugging (so much better than a grigri), or top-rope soloing. That and a couple DMM revolver biners and I've got an ultralight and functional (dmm biners are multi-use) rescue/haul kit. love love love it!

I got the opportunity to use this guy in some sales previews last summer. My take is that it's a very simple tool for setting up a haul system for crevasse rescue, but I don't think it would be an efficient enough system to use for hauling. Most of the professionals (working guides) who used it said it wouldn't replace the stuff they already carry, but was a neat idea.

• 8 months later...