Mailbox Peak Tuesday

sawtooth500

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was up there Saturday. Beautiful views all around - could clearly see Rainier. I got a late start so descent down the top 500 ft was made difficult by softening snow.

There's a bottle of Jack Daniels in the mailbox and plenty of snow at the top so just bring a glass and maybe a Coke if you like.

Was up there Saturday. Beautiful views all around - could clearly see Rainier. I got a late start so descent down the top 500 ft was made difficult by softening snow.

There's a bottle of Jack Daniels in the mailbox and plenty of snow at the top so just bring a glass and maybe a Coke if you like.

Where did the snow start? Much below the boulder field?

Where did the snow start? Much below the boulder field?

Packed snow on trail started around 3,000 feet. Snow started in earnest around... 1000 feet below summit? Just an estimation.

You never know what treasures you'll find in the mailbox!

The small sign currently riveted to the side of it is particularly classy. Great way to impress non-locals out to get a taste of the Cascades.

I know the sign you're referring to and I thought the same thing. Fortunately you don't get many kids up there, as it's a pretty strenuous hike.