• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
B Deleted_Beck

Shell repair

what jacket ... some brands and retailers have spectacular warranty service ... if its EB, OR, REI, MEC, etc ... youre in luck ;)

if its a defect .. and if it isnt theyll still cover it, you just have to live with the moral bashing youll get online and your own conscience :P

Rab... I talked to them, and they said I'd need to ship it to their authorized repair shop in Seattle. I just don't want to ship it... would rather walk in some place, have 'em weld a patch on, and walk right back out

This is what I've done in the past, but they don't last very long before the shell layer peels off the membrane.. Just want a good permanent fix for these brand spanking new pants

eta - plus, the rip is right next to a seam, and the patches seem to peel off even faster, on seams and folds and things

Edited by Ben B.