Old Settler Area

Dru

Steve Harng and I went in to climb a big ice line that sometime forms up on NF Old Settler on Sat. but owing to an inversion layer it wasn't in. So we climbed pk. 6200 nearby, instead (this is the one Jordop drools over due to the contours and as a result Im not saying anything about what the rock is like, so he has to go and check it out himself evils3d.gif ) and found out some guys from Yale had made the FA back in 1974. So we made the 2nd ascent of this peak which is apparently called "Mount Medissa". Also scouted out a great new approach which turns Urquhart into a day trip, seemingly. Some neat slabs etc in the area and great views of Urquhart and N& E faces of Old Settler. Also saw Canucks win 10th game in a row in the Pub afterwards bigdrink.gifcool.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Access drive to end of road in east fork of Charles Creek. Climb easy slopes to ridgeline N of Fagervik and follow ridge (class 2) to summit of Medissa. We also climbed (no cairn found) pt. 6100 to the N of Medissa and gaped down its steep north face rolleyes.gif looks like some great turf routes on that face. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifOld Settler Pub STILL does not give me free bigdrink.gif despite the fact I have been up their namesake 5X confused.gif

• 1 month later...