Looking for alpine partner

Ian1216

I'm moving to Seattle to attend University of Washington and I'm looking for a partner who has experience in mountaineering/alpine climbing (climbing in the Cascades). I am looking to get into mountaineering. I have a lot of sport climbing experience and I can lead and send 5.11's outdoors. I have led up to 5.12a outdoors (not sent though). I am a good and experienced belayer. However, I do not have experience in mountaineering and snow/glacier travel, although I have backpacked at altitude before. I have studied the Freedom of the Hills, so I am knowledgeable of a lot of the techniques involved in snow and glacier travel. I am in excellent shape, coming off of 4 years of varsity cross country and track. I need a partner who has experience, needs a strong, fit partner, and is willing to teach me some things. I have no annoying habits that I know of (I don't snore), I work hard and consider myself a pretty chill dude. I'll be in Seattle starting Sep. 20th. I have most of the gear I need, there's just a few winter items and gear I'll have to purchase once I'm in Seattle. Shoot me a message if you're interested.

Edited by Ian1216

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ian,

I am looking for climbing partners too. I have been mostly skiing in the cascades for the past several years, but over the last year I have been doing much more glacier and snow travel. I don't know everything but I feel like I know a good bit. I will be focusing mostly on skiing this winter, but there is still some time for some climbs. I am also interested in learning more about trad rock climbing as this can be an important piece to finishing many climbs in the cascades. Maybe a little knowledge swap on a mountain sometime?

I thought that I would also bring your attention to the UW climbing club. I went to UW myself and this club is very active. http://students.washington.edu/climb/home/

Chris

Hey Ian,

I'm looking for some more partners myself. I'm comfortable leading 10's and have only led a couple 11- routes, those being sport. I've been mainly focusing on 5.9 and under on all gear routes due to not usually having a partner who is comfortable switching leads. I also have some glacier knowledge I could pass on.

Ryan

Edited by Ryan Hoover

• 3 weeks later...