Chilliwack Valley

Dru

Hiked up Nesakwatch Creek on Saturday to check out winter conditions on Slesse. Couldnt see Slesse (socked in) but there was some interesting ice formations at km 1.5 on the west side of the creek, about 250m above the creek. warm temps were having an effect frown.gif" border="0 , i saw a spectacular 30m pillar collapse and avalanche all the way down to the creek shocked.gif" border="0

at about km 9, on the west side of the illusion peaks, there is a highly interesting flow coming out of the bowl between the illusions (first drainage north of the Chinese Puzzle). potentially huge avvy threat from the bowl above, but looked like about 5 pitches of ice up granite walls with snow ledges for belays in between. might be a good hit for colder & stable conditions. AFAIK all this stuff is unclimbed.

the road up the creek is basically undriveable past the bottom of the first hill and requires snowmobile, snowshoes or skis past that point. up to there, though, 2wd access is fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I leave the self abuse to desperate guys like Anus Cling.

I am "walking guidebook". [i]I know all beta[/i]. The reason it is unclimbed is because all activity in the Coast Range is reported to my secret spies. tongue.gif" border="0 so there.

powell river kicks. big walls everywhere. RURP would be jealous.