Neurological disorder / health conditions?

I was just wondering if anybody on here has a neurological disorder or major health condition that impacts their climbing? I am lucky enough to have both asthma and a spinal cord injury (transverse myelitis) that makes getting in shape extremely difficult (mostly just the spinal cord injury as my asthma gets better with exercise). At times it seems impossible but I keep at it. I finally figured I would look for somebody else who has had to deal with similar issues and has advice?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yoga and tai-chi have been helpful for me after significant back trauma (after initial healing/rest of course) also, the Tregor massage method has worked magic for me, and may be helpful earlier in recovery before the yoga or tai-chi would be appropriate. If you have trouble locating a masseur/masseuse skilled in the Tregor methods, I know a very well connected source in Leavenworth who can probably recommend someone in your area... email me if you'd like me to hook you up with her. curthaire@nwi.net