climbing packs?

Dane

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White, I tried to make an honest comparison of the specific packs we had on hand and that I saw over a month or so of climbing almost every day this spring. As I mentioned in the blog I didn't want my effort there to be a love fest for the maker of my personal packs or a roast of any particular pack maker I felt not up to the quality that should be expected. In fact I went out of my way to keep the blog post positive by not adding more pictures.

Prices are generally a consideration for most. Even when I was short on a few pennys to rub together I never let cost sway me from buying the best.

Hopefully the pack articles will be read as they were intended and smart readers will find the maker that best suits their own needs.

And that statement is about as politcally correct and off topic to the original question as I'll ever be in public :)

food for thought - thanks. I prefer a pack a bit less specialized, but I can certainly appreciate your points.

one fitting solution I've found effective is adapted from the Grivel Manu. The Manu's shoulder harness is anchored via a vertical velcro strip, so has an extremely wide adjustment range. when the shoulder straps on my old Cutter (roughly equivalent to your FISH) finally dissolved, I simply installed a velcro strip vertically on the back panel, and now just switch the Grivel shoulder harness to whichever of the packs I want to use. the system has worked well enough that I'm seriously considering modifying a larger pack I own to accommodate it as well...

• 1 month later...